Friday, January 25, 2013

Simply De-cluttering a very small kitchen

When Patrick and I got married a year and a half ago a great deal of our gifts were for our kitchen. Most of that was my fault, I like kitchen gadgets and there are just so many to choose from at the stores we registered at.
That being said though, we use the same things and never use the others. I still have things in my basement unopened.
Our kitchen is pretty small, so in order to fit all of our kitchen items in our small kitchen I bought a giant shelf to store all of it. In the past few months I have become more and more resentful towards that shelf. About the same time I started reading the book Loving Simple, I decided that the shelf had to go.
Well, it took all day and I moved probably half of the items that I don't use very often down to the basement, but I'm thrilled! And I feel like I have a new kitchen!!

BEFORE

AFTER

this is the stairway going down to our basement that's right off of our kitchen. I'm now going to use it as a pantry and storage for the larger things.

BEFORE

AFTER

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job Cara! Your pantry looks so organized and your kitchen looks much bigger now:) I like the sunny yellow walls-we hav a yellow kitchen too.

    ReplyDelete