Monday, April 22, 2013

Simply Going Green



Today I thought a lot more about "Going Green" than I usually do.
Because it's EARTH DAY!!!
this is a topic I have given more and more thought to as my interest in, reusable, sustainable, and recycled products has increased.
today I'm going to talk about a few ways I have gone, or intend to go "green".


1. I use cloth diapers. It is estimated that 27.4 billion disposable diapers are consumed every year in the U.S.
Over 92% of all single-use diapers end up in a landfill. No one knows how long it takes for a disposable diaper to decompose, but apparently it's estimated to be about 250-500 Years!!!
I still buy about one box of diapers a month, and I'm hoping to get that lower in the next few months. 



2. (when it's warm enough) I use our clothes line to dry our laundry

3. I recycle. it's so simple, recycle and you are already making a huge difference! just recycle.
4. I currently have boxes and boxes of plastic baggies, but when I'm finished with those, I hope to buy some recyclable/reusable ones for sandwiches and snacks for Patrick's lunches. I go through anywhere from 5-10 sandwich bags a week.


5. I'm a subscriber to Honest.com. I've started buying my household cleaning items, baby items, and even stuff for Patrick and I at Honest.
I get any 5 items I want a month for $40.
Honest is a website that sells affordable Eco friendly household, baby, and personal items that aren't made with all the harsh chemicals that so many other products are made out of.
These are just a few of the things that I do. but every day I'm dreaming up new ways to go greener.

Also, In the long run I truly believe in doing everything I can to keep this world clean and safe.
I also believe recycling and reusing products will save money (green).





 

No comments:

Post a Comment