Thursday, March 7, 2013

Simply Keeping up 2

I'm not a regular blogger, I hope I'm not disappointing anyone out there because of that. I'm sure I'm not, but just in case I am, calm down and stop checking your computers every 5 mins to check and see if I put up a new post. I'm sadly, incredibly inconsistent.
the last few weeks have been busy bit I've just been trying to keep up with the house and it's been going very smooth, nearly everything in the house has a home and I'm thrilled to be living here. Every morning I'm so thankful to be living in such a beautiful home. Here is the living room with the new carpet and our new sectional. 


like I said in my first post, Patrick has 5 guitars and not only do they take up a lot of space, but they are the objects of Autumns affection as of recent. so I looked on pinterest and got some ideas. this is the final product of our guitar project.
now on to other things. 
Although I've worked on my basement in the last few weeks, there is still a lot to do and I'll be working on that in the weeks to come. I've found that since my house is in a great place, I'm not very motivated to address other issues that don't mess with my daily life.
Fitness and self control are my biggest goals this month......and extend till forever. 
let me explain, I've gone back to my diet of trying to cut back on animal products and We just started a membership at the local YMCA so I am going to try and spend an hour at least 4 days a week if I can hack it. 
Now comes the more difficult part, I want to start trying to bake more for Patrick. I thought I would try it for a few days and he LOVES IT! my husband is an all around happier person, if he has cookies around to snack on and it doesn't require much from me other than a whole lot of self control. So far, I'm not doing too well but I'll be working on it. I just can't seem to turn down my cookies or cake! :) .
I'm still slowly working on unplugging myself and Autumn, but it's seeming like a slower process than I had thought. I need to learn to live in silence which is a think i don't think I have really ever done. 

Until next time......

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that you are baking! It is truly one of my favorite things to do, especially when I'm stressed. One thing I have loved is baking breads, cookies or even cakes with vegetables. (It makes me think that it's a little healthier!) Let me know if you need any baking ideas or recipes. My Pinterest is full of them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know looking at your living room again, I just love it!! I can't get over how different it looks. Have you thought of taking a fun color from your curtains and covering your pillows with those?

    ReplyDelete